1) I'm not sure how long this offer is good for, but I see that today the Kindle Paperwhite e-reader is only $79.99 with special offers and $99.99 without special offers for Amazon Prime members. This is the best price I've seen on the e-reader in a while. I own and love the Paperwhite (without special offers, because I hate ads). I use it all the time and even gave my boyfriend one for Christmas this year. Of course it's really handy for traveling, but I also just carry it around in my purse so I can read even when I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store. Ever since I bought one, I've been reading a ton of books (I check out free e-books from my library), and now I spend less time glued to my cellphone/TV (probably for the best). Anyway, if you've been thinking about buying one, I highly recommend it!
2) My favorite retailer J.Crew has been really struggling lately. I hope they don't go out of business since their clothes fit me so well, but I have to admit that they've been pretty off-base in terms of their overall design. I still see some cute pieces I want, but nothing like the days of yore when I lusted after everything. Right now they're running a sale-on-sale promotion, where you can take an extra 30% off styles that end in .99 with code TAKE2030. Here are my sale picks:
- Striped tie-shoulder dress (still available in all sizes)
- Love first t-shirt (own, sized up for a slightly slouchy fit)
- Two-tone bar necklace (ordered in rose gold to try)
- Pretzel t-shirt (own, sized up for a true fit)
- Henley t-shirt (own, go up at least one size for a true fit and two sizes for a slouchy fit)
- Demi-fine 14k gold-plated wheel charm (love the nautical look)
- Thomas Mason for J.Crew tuxedo shirt in stripe (own, true to size)
- J.Crew for the Wildlife Conservation Society whale t-shirt (own, slouchy fit in my true size, love it so much I bought a backup which I try not to do anymore)
If any of these items are out of stock in your size, I would recommend checking the website early in the morning for popbacks!
What do you think of J.Crew's style nowadays? What pieces have you picked up from them lately?