Friday, April 20, 2018

Sale Alert: Sephora Picks

It looks like Sephora is having their semi-annual sale again. For a limited time only, you can take 10% off your order as a Beauty Insider or 15% off if you are VIB or VIB Rouge. If you haven't already, please check out my last post on the types of makeup I spend on versus save on.

I own and love these products:
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette: I think if you can only get one eyeshadow palette, this would be it! These eye shadows are very pigmented in color and relatively neutral. Also there are a ton of makeup tutorials out there to teach you how to use it. One thing to note though is that most of the shades have a shimmer or satin finish, so if you like matte colors, this isn't for you.
  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette: If you are a neutrals kind of girl (like me), this is a great palette. It's full of earth tones, and the shadows are a nice mix of matte/satin. Also, it smells like chocolate!
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: This is my favorite liquid liner. The pen doesn't draw as well across my eyelid as I would like (or maybe the formula is starting to dry out), but it lasts longer than any other eyeliner I've tried. No fading, no flaking off. You do have to be a little careful to not smear as it dries.
  • Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner: This is my second favorite liquid liner. It's really black, has a fine tip, and applies well. It lasts an okay length of time but has a tendency to flake off by the end of the night. Also it's not that waterproof, based on my experience crying at weddings.
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original (also comes in a mini trial size): This is my preferred eyeshadow primer (mostly because I like having an applicator). It's very creamy and helps my eye makeup last longer.
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance: This shadow primer is a slightly more liquid formula than the Urban Decay one, but it also works well and keeps my eyeshadow/liner in place.
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: Maybe because my eyebrows are very light naturally, I don't like the heavy brow look on myself. This product is such a lifesaver, because it actually looks pretty natural on me (for reference, I wear taupe even though I have black hair).
  • Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Full Cover Concealer: This is the concealer I wear on my skin (I use a different undereye concealer). It's full coverage and matches my skin tone well. It looks like they might be discontinuing it though? If that's the case, I'll have to look for a replacement.
  • Moroccanoil (also comes in a mini trial size): I only apply a few drops to wet hair, because my hair tends to get oily pretty quickly. It reduces my frizz and makes my hair super soft/shiny. I recommend getting the smaller bottle since it lasts forever. Also, my stylist told me that it may not be great for people who are light blonde, because the oil is amber in color.

Here is what I am planning to buy:

  • Sephora Collection Wanderlust Travel Set: This travel set would make a great gift for a friend or family member who travels a lot. I've been eyeing it ever since Feather Factor posted about it a few months ago. I'm planning to get one for myself and one for my mom.
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original (rebuy, see above)
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (rebuy, see above)

What are your favorite beauty products? Anything you're looking to pick up from the Sephora sale?

2 comments:

  1. I may not be buying anything at this year's sales, which is a bit of a surprise! I wish the Urban Decay Primer Potion worked for me. The Too Faced primer works for me, though the last two times I bought eyeshadow primer, I got the Nars stuff instead because I find it a bit easier to apply. Sadly, the Nars stuff is comes in a very small quantity and can be hard to get out of the tube. It's definitely not as good a value as the Urban Decay or Too Faced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about the Urban Decay one doesn't work for you? I've never tried the Nars eyeshadow primer myself. What makes it easier to apply?

      Delete