Friday, May 25, 2018

Sale Picks: Bloomingdale's Big Brown Bag Sale, J.Crew, REI, Backcountry

Bloomingdale's Big Brown Bag Sale is going on now through May 28, 2018. I found a number of really pretty dresses from what I believe is their in-house brand AQUA. Does anyone have experience with the brand? I've never tried it before.

I love dresses for summer, and I'm always browsing the sale section for good ones. Since summer is basically here, I've been daydreaming about white lace dresses, like this one for under $40 and this lace shift dress. Ebates is currently 4% cash back.

Cutaway shoulder lace dress
More dress picks: strappy floral dress (under $40), glamorous red dress (maybe for a fancy night out), red lace dress (70% off)
Bag picks: Loeffler randall satchel (under $300, so tempted by this!), Rebecca Minkoff crossbody (Chanel boy dupe), Marc Jacobs camera bag (love the yellow version)

-----

J.Crew is offering 40% off your purchase, including new arrivals, from now through May 28, 2018 with code GETAWAY. I mostly shop their sale section, but now is a good time to pick up a few things for summer that you'll use right away or pieces that may not make it to sale in your size.

Sweater-blazer

I own quite a few swimsuits from J.Crew, and I can attest to their quality. Here are a few I like: this nautical top and its matching bottom, also this red cross-back top and its matching bottom (I actually own this set in a different pattern from last season).

Other picks: the perfect sweater-blazer (size down), white button-fly denim shorts (these are sitting in my cart), linen pom-pom scarf (perfect for chilly offices), cotton-silk tie-neck top (very feminine), white denim with a twist (I'm really into button flies at the moment)

-----

My favorite outdoor retailer REI is having their Anniversary Sale, now through May 28, 2018. I bought myself some climbing hardware, a pair of workout leggings, and a Hydro Flask tumbler for morning smoothies. A bunch of Hydro Flask containers are 50% off right now. Also some of my beloved Patagonia is on sale for 25% -30% off. If you like Arc'teryx, you can take 30% off one full-price item (the brand rarely goes on sale). By the way, REI is a great place to try activewear from different brands. They have an extremely generous return policy; you can return anything within one year of purchase even if you've used it.

Patagonia nano puff jacket (30% off)

-----

My second favorite outdoor retailer Backcountry is running a sale where you can take an additional 20% off their biggest brands. Also for a limited time only, you can take 20% off one full-price item. I bought a climbing helmet for myself, because safety first. Again this is a great time to pick up activewear brands that rarely go on deep sale. For example, North Face and Patagonia. Check out this North Face fleece jacket (45% off), this North Face rain jacket (40% off), and these prAna leggings (45% off).

North Face Denali fleece (45% off)

Also, great time to buy off-season gear to put away for winter! For example, a heavy-duty Parajumpers down parka (comparable in quality and normally similar in price to Canada Goose but 40% off right now) or Helly Hansen ski pants (40% off).


I want to wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day! Please share if you find any great deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment