Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Nordstrom (along with its sibling Nordstrom Rack) is one of my favorite department stores. With their large selection, everyday free shipping and returns, as well as generous return policy, what's there not to love? Right now they are running one of their largest sales of the year, the Anniversary Sale! Unless you live under a rock, you have probably seen many bloggers posting about their favorites in the past few days. I thought I would share my own purchases, which I am anxiously awaiting in the mail.

FYI ebates is currently 10.0% cash back at Nordstrom, so be sure to take advantage of that if you're shopping online. If you don't have an ebates account yet and would like to join, please consider signing up using my referral link.

I ordered the following items online last Friday when the sale first opened up to the public.
My choices may seem a little strange among other more exciting options, so let me explain (read: rationalize) them. 

First of all, I bought waaaay too many things from J.Crew recently, so I wanted to keep further impulse purchases to a minimum for the rest of the month (already failed at this). For a while now, I have been looking for a smaller alternative to my everyday crossbody bag that can hold my phone, keys, a few cards, and some cash. This black zip-around phone wallet seemed like just the thing. I hope my phone fits!

Does anyone else feel more motivated to work out when they have cute workout clothes? I've heard good things about Zella, so I'm excited to try these reversible leggings. Heck, even if I don't work out, I'll still wear them as comfy loungewear around the house.

For some reason, I am constantly losing stud earrings. I used to have a plated gold/CZ pair just like these that I wore everyday until I mysteriously lost both. I eventually found one of them in my bra (??) at the end of the day, but the other one remains lost to the Bermuda triangle where all lost things go. 

I'm probably one of the few people who enjoy getting socks for Christmas. Especially if they're Smartwool socks. These babies are pretty expensive (for socks) and rarely seem to go on sale, so this is a good opportunity to pick up a few pairs. I love them because they're warm, fit well, and wash well (unlike many other wool socks).

Well, that's it! What do you think of my purchases? Did you pick up anything good? Please let me know in the comments. Thanks!  

2 comments:

  1. I have the Michael Kors phone wallet (got it at Apple) and it has become my favourite wallet ever! My 5c fits perfectly and there is room for cards and cash as well. Best thing I bought this year, and very much want another color. Hope you like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find too many reviews of this wallet, so I'm excited to hear that you like yours so much. Can't wait to get it in the mail!

    ReplyDelete