I haven't received the two Thomas Mason shirts or the long pearl necklace yet so I can't speak to their fit and/or quality. (They are currently on promo and not final sale, so if you want to try them out, do it before SALEFUN ends on 07/22/2014.) Everything else is a keeper though. I'll share some quick thoughts about each item.
For reference, I am 5' 4" and 32C-26-34. I take 00 and XXS in most J.Crew tops and blazers. I will size up to a 0 for thicker blazers like the Schoolboy in Black Watch plaid from last winter and XS for slim-fit tops. I typically wear 00 in skirts and size 25 in jeans. I take between a 5.5 and 6 for shoes, and my feet are normal width.
- Schoolboy blazer in linen (white 00): I bought this in store for $119.99 - 50% off final sale - 15% student discount = $50.99. I tried on 4(!) different 00s before I found one that fit perfectly. This blazer does run slightly smaller than my Schoolboy blazer in black. I also tried on the 0 but found the sleeves too long and the torso just slightly bulky. I would not recommend ordering this final sale sight unseen, because you really need to try it on in person to see how it fits your body.
- Bateau tee in stripe (ivory navy XXS): This one is a perennial favorite among J.Crew fans. There's arguably nothing more classic or versatile than a striped tee. I purchased this in store for $34.99 - 50% off - 15% student discount = $14.87. The XXS was somewhat boxy in the torso, but the 100% cotton material was comfortable, and I was looking for a new striped shirt.
- Pearl starburst necklace: This necklace was a surprise like for me. I never even noticed it until I saw it in store for $69.99 - 50% off - 15% student discount = $29.75. The scale of it is slightly larger than the picture on the J.Crew website indicates, so it's definitely a statement piece. Personally I liked the twist on a classic pearl necklace. However, the whole thing is very heavy due to both the metal work and the large glass pearls themselves. I'm keeping it anyway and plan to wear this to an upcoming wedding.
- 3" chino short (white 0): I've been obsessed with the color white this summer. Maybe that's because it conjures up images of ice and coolness, which helps me cope with the hot and muggy weather here. I already own several pairs of these shorts (in different colors) from last summer, so I knew to size up to a 0. The 00 fits but feels a bit tight in the crotch when I sit. I bought this online for $39.50 - 40% off = $23.70. I probably could have gotten these for cheaper if I waited until August, but I want to wear them while they're still in-season.
- Viv patent flats (soft desert 6H): These are currently on promo for $158 - 40% off = $94.80, which is how much I paid. The black ones are on promo for $168. I love the Vivs and have been stalking them for a long time now. I haven't really seen the classic colors get cheaper than this, so I bit the bullet and bought them in a 6.5. I generally size up since they run small and have an aggressive pointy toe. You may be able to get away with your normal size if you have very narrow feet. The soft desert color seems to run slightly smaller than the Viv metallic flats and the black color.
- Collection icon trench (light khaki 00): This went on promo last week for $238 - 40% off = $142.80 but has since returned to its normal price. Hopefully everyone who wanted to try it snagged one. I've been looking to replace my Banana Republic trench coat from Fall 2011, which has always been too big (note to self: stop buying clothes that don't fit!). Last year I tried on the Icon but ultimately decided not to buy, because I couldn't choose between the 00 (shoulders too tight) and the 0 (too big overall). I'm glad I waited, because the Summer 2014 size 00 fits me quite well. I can layer a Schoolboy with a thin sweater underneath and still raise my arms over my head (my usual test for whether a coat is too tight in the shoulders). I'm not sure if this was just a fluke for me, since many other reviewers on the website still found the shoulders too tight. Anyway, I'm super excited about the Icon and anticipate it being a fall wardrobe classic.
Whew, hopefully some of you made it to the end of this post and didn't get overwhelmed by the wall of text.
What deals have you picked up from the J.Crew summer sales? I'd love to hear from you!