Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Quick Picks: J.Crew Factory New Arrivals

I know it's only July, but I'm already looking forward to fall. My favorite time of the year is when those leaves start changing colors, and there's a brisk chill in the air. In (very early) preparation for the upcoming cooler months, here are some quick picks from today's J.Crew Factory roll-out.

1. Factory Herringbone Excursion Vest - Currently backordered and final sale for some inexplicable reason. I've missed out on this vest two years in a row, and sadly this year is no different. I waited too long this morning because I wasn't sure about the size and I didn't want to gamble on final sale, so now I'm on the waitlist. Crossing my fingers that the order will get fulfilled (and that it fits)!

Factory novelty quilted puffer vest

2. Factory Solid Excursion Vest - If you're not as obsessed with the herringbone one as I am, black is a good solid option that will pair well with everything. It's also not final sale, which is a major plus. Comes in a myriad of other colors if black isn't your thing.
Factory quilted puffer vest

3. Factory Grey Fleece Hoodie - Versatile casual layering piece for the weekend or working out. This is my favorite shade of grey, and it's surprisingly difficult to find a plain light grey hoodie.

Factory fleece full-zip hoodie

4. Factory C'est La Vie Collector Tee - I actually like Factory tees better than regular J.Crew tees. They're usually all cotton, and they don't seem as sheer (especially compared to the vintage cotton ones). For example, I own two retail bar-stripe tees and one Factory version. One of the retail shirts has already developed a hole while the Factory one is going strong. The font reminds me of the Madewell Bien Fait sweatshirt.

Factory c'est la vie collector tee

5. Factory White Flared Skirt - I have the black retail version of this skirt that I picked up on sale some time ago. I missed out on the white version, which other bloggers have pair beautifully with a multitude of tops. One nice thing about Factory re-issues is getting that second chance.

Factory flared skirt

I ended up ordering the two vests and wishlisting the other items. I hope the herringbone excursion doesn't slip through my fingers yet again!

Did you buy anything today from the new roll-out at J.Crew Factory? Are you obsessed with the excursion vests like I am? Did you get your hands on one of the coveted herringbone ones? Do tell!

1 comment: