Monday, April 6, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer for Target Wishlist

I'm a big fan of Target designer collaborations. I've been following them since Jason Wu for Target in 2012. Since then, I've taken part in the frenzy surrounding each release numerous times. Even though some of the collections have been poorly executed, I still look forward to each new one!

Target's latest collaboration is with Lilly Pulitzer, who's primarily known for her colorful resort wear. It's going to be released on Sunday, April 19, 2015, and I can't wait to check out some of the stuff in person! I browsed the newly released lookbook, and I see quite a few things I like. In particular, I'm interested in the nosie posey and upstream prints. Here's my wishlist.

(top) Button down shirt in nosie posey, $24; Crochet tank top in white, $32; (bottom) Challis pom pom shorts in upstream, $24


(top) Shift dress in nosie posey, $38 (online only); Challis romper in happy place, $34; (bottom) Shift dress in upstream, $38; Strapless maxi dress in nosie posey, $34


(top) Embroidered clutch in gold, $24; Espadrilles in upstream, $24 (online only); (bottom) Embroidered clutch in nosie posey, $24; Seahorse necklace in gold, $24



Reversible decorative pillow in nosie posey/boardwalk cafe, $25; Ceramic mugs with gold caddy (set of 4), $30


Since I don't have an extra $375 just lying around, I need to narrow down my list a bit more before the actual release. For example, do I really need 3 dresses and 2 clutches? On the other hand, I must have the button-down, crochet tank, and pom pom shorts!

Are you excited about Lilly Pulitzer for Target? What's on your wishlist?

7 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to check out the crocheted top, pom-pom shorts, and the dress in the same print when it's released! Those are my three favorite items. :)

    xo Kimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite dress too! It sounds like those pom pom shorts might sell out quickly, because everyone's been talking about how cute they are.

      Delete
  2. Hi Engineer L,

    I like your picks, especially the crochet top. I wonder what are your strategies with target and designer collaboration. Do you order online or check them out in the store? I remember the last Phillips Lim collection which was sold out so quickly. I didn't get chance to put my hands on it.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question, Elaine! I could probably write a whole blog post about this, haha (maybe I should!). Because I'm a fanatic, I actually do both. I usually order online around midnight Pacific Time to guarantee that I get the pieces I really want and then get up early on the day of the release to check them out in person.

      Delete
    2. That's actually a good approach, especially some of the items are online only. What is so magic about midnight "Pacific Time"? Does Target online go with Pacific Time? If that's the case, I'll need to stay up until 3am Eastern Standard Time to order? Lol

      Delete
    3. Previous collections have been released around that time. It's definitely the roughest for people on the East Coast. If you don't want to stay up, you can always go to sleep at your normal time but set yourself an alarm to wake up before then.

      Delete
  3. I love the Target collaborations as well but haven't bought much with the latest ones. I was one of the crazies up at 3-4am buying Phillip Lim bags lol. I'm debating if I need to do that this weekend too.
    The only thing I would really love to get my hands on are the pineapple sandals so my wallet might be safe this time around. I hope you manage to snag all of the things that you really want!

    ReplyDelete